Sunday, July 19, 2009

planes, trains and automobiles

after completing the delightful trans-continental journey from the US of A to Asia, I have finally arrived in Beijing! It may have been one of the longest flights of my life; in addition to being stuck in a window seat at the back of a plane for a long and arduous trip, I sat alone in the dark for 13 hours, mind racing regarding the insanity of the life-step I was in the midst of taking. Needless to say, not my brightest hour(s).

BUT, I am officially here! I've been in Beijing for over 48 hours, and the transition (thus far) has been less intense than anticipated (but of course I'm still missing my loved ones). The time has been spent catching up with old friends, meeting many new ones, and anticipating the exciting ways in which life will change over the next...undetermined amount of time.

Hopefully this will be the lamest post on this blog. I just woke up from a jet-lag ridden midday nap, and still can't decide if the wild cats that were just attacking me actually exist. More details of life to come. In the meantime, please e-mail me! I truly do miss my lived ones, and look forward to catching up on your lives!
k

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    Your Dad sent us a copy of your blog site. We are looking forward to hearing about your new life in an asian country. Your parents stopped in to see us the other day, it was great to see them. Take care,
    Uncle Steve & Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete

 
My Life As Foreigner - Free Blogger Templates - by Templates para novo blogger